Nice to hear from you again, Ike! Here's an easy house blessing ritual for you and your friend to do.
1 medium or large sage bundle
3 cups of water
1 glass bowl (large enough to accommodate the water and herbs)
4 tablespoons of dried lavender
2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
1 tablespoon of basil
zest of one lemon
zest of one orange
1 small sponge
1. Put lavender, fresh rosemary, lemon zest, and orange zest into the glass bowl.
2. Pour the water over the mixture.
3. Unplug all smoke detectors until the ritual is completed (VERY IMPORTANT!).
4. Move to the lowest part of the house with the sage, heat-proof container, and lighter.
5. Light the sage bundle and let the fire burn for about 30 to 45 seconds.
6. Blow out the flame on the sage bundle. The red embers are what creates the cleansing smoke.
7. Using a circular motion, wave the sage bundle near every wall, corner, and crevice of the room.
8. Once you have finished the room, stand in the center and say "By this sacred smoke this room is cleansed."
9. Go into the next room and repeat steps 7 and 8. Do this to every single room in the home (including the attic!).
10. Once you have finished, go back into the kitchen and place the sage bundle on the heat-proof container and put both of them in the sink.
11. Take the herbal bowl mixture and sponge to the front door.
12. Dip the sponge into the water and "wash" the door frame.
13. Once you have finished, stand back and say "By this sacred mixture, this home is protected against negativity."
14. Repeat steps 12 and 13 for each door and windowsill in the home.
The whole process will take about an hour, depending on the size of the home, and it's well worth all the effort!
Let me know how it goes!