Pages

Welcome to Ask-A-Witch. Please feel free to explore our previous answers and advice, but we are no longer answering new questions. We hope you enjoy the information provided and wish you all a very witchy day!

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Nyght from Woodbridge, VA

I'm an empath, and one who has just figured out that there is a name for it. I was wondering if you could help me.

Can empaths see spirits and communicate with them? Maybe it's a dumb question, but is that normal? I don't always see spirits, but when I do, sometimes they tell me things (and by tell I mean show). I can't really hear their voices, but I can see pictures in my head, kind of like their memories I guess.

Is it possible for empaths to know things before they happen? Once when I was 12, I stayed home from school because my chest felt tight. I didn't think anything of it because I was just getting over a cold. However, the night before, I had a dream that my neighbor was dead. So the day I stayed home with chest tightness, my neighbor died from a heart attack. I tried to convince myself that it was just a coincidence, but somehow I didn't really think it was.

And my last question. This is the really weird one. I've always liked the rain and I've always felt that rainy days are the best days. I remember when I was very little, I stared out of the window on a rainy day. I whispered to the rain, "rain harder" and it did, so I continued to "make" it rain harder or softer. As I got older, I just decided I was crazy and dismissed it. But one day I got really mad at a boyfriend when we were walking home from school on a rainy day, and the more mad I got, the more the rain intensified. That was six years ago, and to this day, if I get really emotional, the rain seems to "reflect" my emotions.

I guess what I want to know is it a coincidence or is it something else? I would really prefer that it is just a freaky coincidence.

PS - No I do not think I am a Caster from Beautiful Creatures :)

-------------

Dear Nyght,

It sounds as if you are a psychic with multiple gifts. Empaths generally are able to sense, feel, or know the emotions of other people. Mediums are able to communicate with spirits and spirit guides. Some psychics do have premonitions, the ability to see the future.


As for your rain question, I believe that your moods are being affected by the rain as opposed to the rain being affected by your mood. Either way, it's a powerful connection to have. Embrace it.

Witch