Pages

Welcome to Ask-A-Witch. Please feel free to explore our previous answers and advice, but we are no longer answering new questions. We hope you enjoy the information provided and wish you all a very witchy day!

Monday, December 2, 2013

Andrew from Las Vegas, NV

Hello there, thank you for taking the time to read my question. Here goes... I, on very rare occasions, have had dreams in my sleep. Most of the time they are nightmares or something to that effect which I ignore or forget. Although, I have experienced supernatural encounters as a child which leave me to pay somewhat closer attention to things like this. I thought they were just my imagination until my uncle died and I was eating dinner with my father. I was around 18. I'm 22 now. I told him my dream and right after, we got a call that my uncle had died. In my dream it was my uncle and I described it in such detail that my Southern Baptist parents now believe in the more "sensitive" nature of humans. My mother even calls me her "sensitive" child, because I know emotions of others well too and can be quite emotional. So the problem is this... I have trouble sleeping for fear of these things. That vision specifically was so vivid the colors and drilled into my head and I feel wrong for seeing it since I didn't know my uncle that well, and after all it was my father's brother. He should have been there to see that intimate moment, not me. I also have mood stability problems, I go from 0-60 in a heartbeat. When I'm alone it's fine, but around others it's awful. Which is why I'm a bit of a loner. But I do enjoy social activities. I don't want to force visions or empathy type gifts or anything of that sort. I just want clarity, so that I can relax. I understand you aren't the one giving me these things, so it is hard for you to answer, but I'm open to ideas and thoughts. I'm a very curious person by nature, but I'm not sure why these things keep happening to me. Also every place I work at strange things tend to break or happen. I've had about four or five different jobs where people start joking about "ghosts" and I find it a bit scary, when things break or I'm walking in a mall and the display curtains in the front of a store crash when I look at them. I would like to not be on edge. Thanks so much.

-------------

Dear Andrew,

The dream that you had about your uncle was simply a way for your uncle to say his goodbyes to his brother using you as the messenger, since you are 
obviously more open and susceptible than your father.

It definitely sounds as if you have some empathic abilities. Empaths are able to sense, feel, or know the emotions of people they are around. Please read my answer to Nicholl from Woodbridge, VA to find more information about controlling it.

As for your "ghost" question, there are billions of ghosts that live around us. Everywhere you work probably has ghosts and multiple ghost stories. No need to be a Nervous Ned.

Witch