Pages

Welcome to Ask-A-Witch. Please feel free to explore our previous answers and advice, but we are no longer answering new questions. We hope you enjoy the information provided and wish you all a very witchy day!

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Ashley from Kentucky

Hi. I've never asked anyone about these things before, but lately I keep having a dream where this symbol appears on my hand, and the symbol keeps filling up with fire. It doesn't hurt or anything, but I just don't know what the symbol is. The same thing happens on my other hand, but my other hand is cold. Every time I have this dream, it's always in a house with other people, but I don't know who they are, and I'm keeping them safe like there's a circle around the house or something. These things keep trying to come into the house, and I know they're bad, but they look just like the people I'm trying to keep safe if that makes any sense?

The symbol is a circle. It has two lines on top of it that are straight but curve up at the ends. Inside is a bunch of other lines. I can't really describe the symbol, but I keep dreaming about it and it's always on my hands with fire. Can you help me?

Also I just turned 19 on December 20th and that's when the dreams started. Also I sometimes have dreams that come true. I don't know if that helps. Lol.

-------------

Dear Ashley,

I have no idea what that symbol could be. I would suggest you buy Signs, Symbols & Omens: An Illustrated Guide to Magical & Spiritual Symbolism by Raymond Buckland. It has a number of different symbols in it that might connect with you. Fire is a sign of passion, desire, and drive. It is through the element of fire that we connect with the spark of the divine which lives in each of us.


It's not uncommon for one hand to feel heated or hot and the other hand to feel cool or cold.

I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Witch