Pages

Welcome to Ask-A-Witch. Please feel free to explore our previous answers and advice, but we are no longer answering new questions. We hope you enjoy the information provided and wish you all a very witchy day!

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Bess from Cleveland, TN

I am an undergrad at UT majoring in Religious Studies. I thought at first that I would enjoy teaching or working in a museum. I am now finding a need to give back. My family has had a great deal of health troubles in the last several years. I am considering trying to be a chaplain. I have been a practicing witch since 2006. My main problem is how to approach my goal. I would love a few suggestions for my education and internships. Thanks lots.

-------------

Dear Bess,

The first thing to do is find a school or church that has the same belief system as you. Start at the beginning and work your way all the way through their high priestess/pastoral level. Hopefully you are a patient person because any school worth a damn will take two to four years to complete. Most schools or churches will include the ordination with the high priestess initiation. You will also want to check with your state government to see what churches they allow to perform rites of marriage since many states do not accept internet churches.

Witch