Pages

Welcome to Ask-A-Witch. Please feel free to explore our previous answers and advice, but we are no longer answering new questions. We hope you enjoy the information provided and wish you all a very witchy day!

Monday, May 26, 2014

Alabaster from Sydney, Australia

Hi, so I've been wondering a few things about the craft. All stories need a beginning, and here is mine. I first found my passion for magic when I discovered my natural ability for curses. I realized I could make bad things happen to people who "annoyed" me. As a teen I, needless to say, abused the power I had been given. This went on for a while. I was hurting so many people and was being filled with terribly negative thoughts and energy. It eventually got to a point I now blame myself for the death of another who was close to me (my reasoning: I believe in the three-fold law and it was a by-product of all the negative energy I had created.) So I had had enough of the negativity and decided to only help others with my witchcraft. So I took up witchcraft and I find it a lot more difficult than the dark crafts. I need help. I can still charge and cast simple spells, but they always seem to be ineffective or rebound. What should I do? Forgetting the craft isn't a option. I love it, but I don't want to go back to my dark casting. By the way, I'm an eclectic witch. Thank you in advance.

-------------

Dear Alabaster,

You should feel bad for your past actions and you should spend a lifetime trying to make up for it.  You didn't "abuse" the power you had been given; you abused the poor people who had the audacity to "annoy" you.


I suggest you back off spell casting for while and focus more on the spirituality of witchcraft. Get to a great place of connection with the Divine, then begin to work with spells.

You are an eclectic idiot if you CHOOSE to go back to your old ways.

Witch