Pages

Welcome to Ask-A-Witch. Please feel free to explore our previous answers and advice, but we are no longer answering new questions. We hope you enjoy the information provided and wish you all a very witchy day!

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Cheyenne from Oxnard, CA

Is it possible to be a witch that helps others rather than mostly herself? I know I cannot directly just put a spell on someone to make their problems go away. I've always been helpful to others and I feel like I should be able to help people with guidance or be able to give them protection. And is it possible to ask the god/goddess to help someone who does not themselves practice witchcraft but is open and willing to let me help them?

-------------

Dear Cheyenne,

Your heart is in the right place, but make sure your ego stays in check.


High priestesses, priestesses, and healers help those in need, but they don't do the work for their clients. Offering guidance, support, time, assistance... yes. Offering to give their own energy for protection, casting spells for others, or taking care of the clients' problems for them... no.

Our job is to help empower people enough for them to take care of themselves.

Witch