Pages

Welcome to Ask-A-Witch. Please feel free to explore our previous answers and advice, but we are no longer answering new questions. We hope you enjoy the information provided and wish you all a very witchy day!

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Jessie from Queens, NY

Hey there, I was quite interested on the world of witches and the Wiccan religion. But there's something bothering me about the Wiccan Rede I read on one article. It says "When the wheel has turned to Yule light the log the Horned One rules." It doesn't mean the y'know "Devil", right? Because I refused to believe that. And there's also a three-fold law on witchcraft in which if someone did something good or bad, it comes back three times on him or her. Is it true or wrong? I've been fascinated by the world of Wicca, but I just need to assure myself that the belief I tried to follow was a right choice.

-------------

Dear Jessie,

Yule, the winter solstice, is the longest night of the year. The Horned One, who is NOT the devil, is the Wiccan God of the Sun and brings longer days during His rule.


As for the three-fold law, Witches do believe that what we do comes back to us. Our acts of kindness, forgiveness, and love are returned to us three times. Our acts of nastiness, bitterness, and hate are also returned to us three times.

This is actually a pretty good question... thanks for asking!

Witch