Pages

Welcome to Ask-A-Witch. Please feel free to explore our previous answers and advice, but we are no longer answering new questions. We hope you enjoy the information provided and wish you all a very witchy day!

Friday, August 1, 2014

Amanda from Silver Spring, MD

I am seeking justice, but I do not want to step into the oh-so-tempting revenge spectrum.

My father is a cheater. He cheats on everyone he pledges his love to. My mother is in no way a victim in this; she is a full-blown narcissist and is obsessed with my father. She admitted to us siblings that she had us to get my father to marry her, then blamed us for my father leaving her. He left her a long time ago (20 years) and married someone else, but continuously cheats on his current wife with my mother. The two of them together are a perfect storm of crazy.

I am very tired of the drama they bring. They constantly play their children against one another. We try to stay out of it, but there is only so much you can do to avoid it. We understand that they are adults and will do whatever they please, but dragging everyone around them into their mess is intolerable.

Is there anything I could do to bring some justice to these selfish people? Am I "playing god" because I just want this madness to end? Is there some way to keep them from hurting others? 20 years of this madness is enough. We are at our wits' end.

-------------

Dear Amanda,

Not with that level of crazy! You're dealing with a level of crazy that magick probably won't be able to touch. If possible, remove yourself from any situation they're involved in. The last thing you want is for your dad to divorce and remarry your mom. Sometimes the devil you know is better than the devil you don't.

Witch