Pages

Welcome to Ask-A-Witch. Please feel free to explore our previous answers and advice, but we are no longer answering new questions. We hope you enjoy the information provided and wish you all a very witchy day!

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Chris from Menifee, CA

I've been following this site for a while now, reading other people's questions and the responses, and I've been drawn to the Craft since a friend introduced it to me. I've search high and low for a place to begin, but have been discouraged by certain family members and because of deep Christian conditioning. It never really felt right to be a Christian; my faith in it only dropped as I grew older. I'm now 19 and keep feeling drawn to the Craft. Any advice on how to start and how to escape the Christian programming?

-------------

Dear Chris,

Please refer to our Advice for New Witches page to help you get started.


As for escaping the Christian programming, that is much easier said then done. It takes a lot of time and patience to undo all the negative programming we've had for years and I'm not just talking about Christian programming either.

Once you have formed a bond with the God and Goddess, which takes time and practice, you'll find the negative programming will start to ease away on its own.

If you find that you are having difficulty studying or practicing on your own, then find a group in your local area.

Blessed be and namaste!

Witch