Pages

Welcome to Ask-A-Witch. Please feel free to explore our previous answers and advice, but we are no longer answering new questions. We hope you enjoy the information provided and wish you all a very witchy day!

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Danette from Modesto, CA

I am not really new to witchcraft. I used to study it about 10 years ago, but I am finding some commonalities between quantum physics and the law of attraction. I am thinking very seriously about doing a binding spell on my 17-year-old daughter who recently tried to kill herself. I am afraid for her. I have been working with the material world for a year, and it doesn't seem to be working. I am thinking about doing a binding spell and then try to do some crystal healing. I am trying to find a friend in the witchcraft community. Your help/advice would be gratefully appreciated. Thank you.

-------------

Dear Danette,

I'm so sorry to hear/read about the problems you are having with your daughter. I'm sure it must be very difficult for both of you.


I would use a modified version of the binding spell I suggested to Carol from Stafford, VA.  Now let me give you a warning about using a binding spell on another person. They are not permanent, meaning they don't last forever.  Your daughter's need to harm herself will eventually overrule your need to prevent her from harming herself.

For alternative therapies, I would look into Reiki. Reiki is defined as Universal Life Force Energy. The powerful thing about Reiki is how simple it really is. Because you live in CA, I'm sure you will find hundreds of practitioners.

You can place amethyst (healing), blue lace agate (de-stressing), bloodstone (absorbs negative energy), black tourmaline (to create a protective barrier), and rose quartz (for self love) between her mattress and box spring to help alleviate some of her anguish.

13 Magickal Moons has a community healing book, and with permission from both of you I would like to add your names to it.

The issue with your daughter isn't magickal... it's mental and emotional. I strongly encourage you to seek professional help as well as alternative healing therapies.

Please write in again soon and let me know how she is doing.

Much love and respect.

Witch