Pages

Welcome to Ask-A-Witch. Please feel free to explore our previous answers and advice, but we are no longer answering new questions. We hope you enjoy the information provided and wish you all a very witchy day!

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Becky from Eunice, LA

I couldn't not be more of a witch even if I didn't want to. I bluntly tell anyone who is just curious these days. I've known for two years after a series of events, and I could most definitely write you a book. Anywho, I'm 27. Until I was 25, I was taught there is no such thing as magick. So I was literally blindsided when my great uncle sat me down to "pass" his gift, which I now know has been passed down every other generation and skipping a sex. I am the only female who was a generation over. It's the events leading to getting passed the gift and the events till now. A month before, give or take, I woke up and my fingertips were smoking as was everything and everyone. I learned about what an aura was that day. I'm a black sheep so anything I ever said was dismissed. So I said nothing and secretly wanted to check myself in to a crazy house. I couldn't wrap my head around the idea that magick is real...really real. This journey has been wild, and that's an understatement. I was born June 22 on the cusp of magick. I have seen a fairy and wasn't even aware until a year later during my thirst for knowledge. Suddenly my whole existence makes sense, from childhood. Now I don't get out too much because I'm so sensitive. Is it normal to want to run off and live in the woods and be a mad woman while I have a family at home? I know I'm very magickal. I need help tuning it down to feel normal so I don't go check myself in. My uncle who passed me the gift has Alzheimer's, therefore he could only pass it to me but couldn't explain any of it. He also passed it to me in broken Cajun French, which I can handle. I am American by birth, Cajun by the gift of God/Goddess. I need some direction. I'm an indigo holding a lot of resentment towards my parents. They are just telling me that the house I grew up in did in fact have a ghost after 10 years of telling me I was crazy. I just moved out as soon as I was of age. They are also telling me stories about me being a toddler lost in the Gulf of Mexico, that I shouldn't had made it, and told them at age three there were angels under the water with me. I really need help controlling the magick and my sensitivity. The best way to put it is I wake up every day with my world on fire. I am very blessed, but I need advice on channeling it in an useful way. I am a woman of integrity, a mother, and a spouse. I feel isolated and alone...please help.

-------------

Dear Becky,

Oh my gods, you almost made my brain bleed! What in the hell is "the cusp of magick"?


Okay, so there is some seriousness in your whole post that I think I can respond to. To help control your gifts, you definitely want to wear black tourmaline, hematite, and blue lace agate. Stay far away from clear quartz, citrine, and carnelian. Every morning when you wake up, I would recommend doing a grounding and centering. Repeat this grounding and centering as often as you need to keep the crazy at bay. Once you're feeling calmer, it may not be a bad idea to make an appointment with a general practitioner to rule out a chemical imbalance in your brain.

Witch