Pages

Welcome to Ask-A-Witch. Please feel free to explore our previous answers and advice, but we are no longer answering new questions. We hope you enjoy the information provided and wish you all a very witchy day!

Friday, February 27, 2015

Bisrat from Louisiana

Hello, I've got a question to ask you. I am a Christian, Orthodox actually, and I have been researching quite a bit in witchcraft. First it was just for the sake of knowledge, but after exploring, I've become more attracted to it. My problem is that I am a somewhat devoted Christian, and well, to a Christian, witchcraft=devil. Is there any way that one person could be a witch and not worship anything and just be a Christian? FYI, I'm a teenager and emotional and spiritual advice from you will be greatly appreciated. Thank for your time.

-------------

Dear Bisrat,

No, you can't be a Christian Wiccan. One is a polytheistic religion (worshipping more than one deity) and the other is a monotheistic religion (worshipping only one deity). Having said that, while you can't be a Wiccan and Christian at the same time, the practice of magick can be done in Christianity. Magick is nothing more than the focusing of one's energy to create change in one's life.


P.S. As a practicing witch, I find it offenseive that you think the devil is in my practice. Let me assure you, the devil has no part in MY religious beliefs; he is in YOURS.

Witch