Pages

Welcome to Ask-A-Witch. Please feel free to explore our previous answers and advice, but we are no longer answering new questions. We hope you enjoy the information provided and wish you all a very witchy day!

Sunday, February 8, 2015

Rose from Conroe, TX

I see a lot about offerings to the Lord and Lady and to different deities, or about people finding their specific deity to offer to and ask from. How do I make offerings to the Lord and Lady, can I make offerings to any god or goddess of my choosing like the healing goddess if I do a healing ritual, or so on? What do I offer to them, and when is the best time to do it?

-------------

Dear Rose,

When we leave an offering for the God and Goddess, it is generally something that is appropriate for the specific situation. When I am working with Kali, I keep a bowl of jasmine on my altar with honey in it because jasmine and honey are sacred to her. When I'm working with Isis and Osiris, I usually burn handmade kyphi incense on my altar because kyphi is an ancient ritual incense the Egyptians used to use. If I am working with Pan or the Greenman, I have a bowl of willow and oak bark on my altar. For the healing goddess, I would have a bowl of St. John's wort and lavender.


If you want to have an offering to specific deities, you want to make sure you do your research and use items sacred to them. The best time to leave an offering is intuitive, whenever it feels right. Personally I put the offering on my altar, leave it for a few days, and change it out.

Witch