Pages

Welcome to Ask-A-Witch. Please feel free to explore our previous answers and advice, but we are no longer answering new questions. We hope you enjoy the information provided and wish you all a very witchy day!

Friday, October 2, 2015

Sarah from Richmond

Please, I'm in great need of spiritual advice. How might I create a stronger bond and communication with Universal forces? I call myself a witch because I recently discovered everything I have ever been passionate about growing up (magic, feelings, intuition, dreams, stars, planets, mystery, beauty, nature) in a religion that makes sense to me, but I'm still completely new to Wicca and Witchcraft. I've never been good at praying, but I'm in desperate need of help from a higher power, whether it be from the God and Goddess or whatever pure, loving, positive Universal force(s) exist in this life.

I need help, a sign, or a stronger intuition to know what I can do to help my dear friend. I've always cared about other people, but I've never so desperately felt like I am obligated to do what I can for this person because I have a feeling that there is something I can do.

My friend gets these lightning headaches - these chronic headaches. He is not the only one in his family, but the headaches are unlike anything I have ever witnessed before. He has gone to doctors in the past, but they give him no explanations for what could be causing his headaches. He tells me they feel like an earthquake inside of his head that focus at the center of his forehead around his third eye. What happens next he describes as an explosion inside of his head. I've seen him weep and make horrible sounds in agony, and he begs for God to make it stop. It scares me, it scares him, yet there is nothing that anyone can do. See, I don't think that is true. His parents no longer come around to see if he is okay or sit with him through it. It's hard for anybody to watch and listen to, so everybody just waits for it to pass. That's something I cannot physically or mentally do.

When the headaches begin to build, I can't talk too loudly. I just try and help him focus on his breathing or a peaceful image, but he can't focus on his breathing or anything other than the pain. Similarly, it's impossible for me to breathe or feel a connection to any higher power, so it's difficult to pray or focus my intention in that moment. That is what I want to achieve. I want to do what I can, spiritually, to help my friend. It includes communicating with the Lord and Lady, and possibly performing a prayer or spell that I'm unfamiliar with.

I'm not sure what I think these headaches are. They are something dark, that's for sure. It could be an unknown illness or brain problem that is not yet known by medical science. It could be something darker than I can imagine, something metaphysical, too. I'm not sure what the possibilities are.

I'm going to do some research, to see if I find other accounts of these chronic headaches that feel like fire and earth. I told my friend he should look into his past ancestry, to learn about his past relatives with the condition, as well as the people and things they were connected to in their lifetimes. I don't see him getting around to research on his own, so that's why I'm helping him. It's unbearable watching someone I care about, let alone anybody, go through that much pain with no explanation.

I imagine it makes him question everything in life, to not know what's causing you excruciating pain. In the meantime, since college is sure to limit me on my quest, I need to find a way of communicating with the Lord and Lady, and any other Gods and Goddesses out there. This is where I desperately need your help.

I don't know what forces exist out there or how they work. I hardly know how magic works, except that it comes from within and is all around us. If you could give me any of your ideas, ANY, no matter how incomplete, unlikely, or commonplace they may be, they would be of great importance to my friend and I. For a new witch, it's a difficult task, but I realize I want to put all my energy into opening my chakras and connecting with a higher realm of spiritual awareness. I need to find the focus and power within myself to find answers through research and provide help through prayer, with intention, extreme intention, like none I have ever had before.

Seeing as I'm only a teenager with only the slightest clue as to what she is dealing with, and low energy to begin with, from experiencing life as an adult for the first time. I am in great need of someone who has reached a high level of enlightenment, to give me some guidance and advice.

Thank you so much for reading my questions: What are the possible causes for these recurring headaches if not medical? Is there any spell, ritual, or prayer I can do to form a stronger connection with higher powers/ask to heal my friend/ease his pain? What can I do to heighten my abilities in a safe and natural way? Are there any resources you know of that can answer any of these questions?

I'm sorry for putting all of this on you, but I trust you and have faith in what you do. I truly believe you can lead me in the right direction. I want to help my friend, who I love very much. He is completely undeserving of these headaches and they are terrifying. Chilling, to the bone. Please, I don't know what else to say, except thank you for reading this, thank you for making this blog, and I hope answers may reveal themselves.

Hoping you are healthy and well, as well as your family and friends. May the Lord and Lady be with you and everything you do. It's inspiring, how you have taken what you care about so passionately in life and have turned that lifestyle into a career, dedicated to helping others find their path to spiritual enlightenment. The Universe and all the people and mysteries within it never cease to amaze me. Keep doing what you do best.

With thanks and appreciation to you, always.

-------------

Dear Sarah,

Let's cover the non-metaphysical advice first. While everyone has headaches from time to time, extremely painful or recurrent headaches should be treated by a doctor. Your friend could be experiencing migraine or even cluster headaches, which can be helped by different kinds of medication. The family doctor is a good place to start, but he may refer your friend to a neurologist, who can run a series of tests to rule out anything more serious. When health issues are involved, ALWAYS get medical treatment FIRST, then supplement that with Reiki, herbal healing, ritual, prayer, etc.


What is Reiki? Reiki is defined as Universal (Rei) life force energy (Ki). Reiki could be the answer you are looking for...AFTER your friend visits the doctor.  Reiki is a form of hands-on healing which uses the energy coming from the Universe (God/Goddess).  Because the energy is coming from the Universe, it will not drain your already low energy and will give you additional energy because the Reiki will flow from the Universe through you to him.  As a practitioner, when you give Reiki, you get Reiki.  I'm sure with just a little research you would have no problem finding a Reiki practitioner in your area.

Reiki can also help with your connection to the Divine because it is Their energy you are channeling.

And don't underestimate the power of prayer. I have personally witnessed the miracles that can come from prayer.

Good luck. I will light a candle for your friend on my altar.

Witch