Pages

Welcome to Ask-A-Witch. Please feel free to explore our previous answers and advice, but we are no longer answering new questions. We hope you enjoy the information provided and wish you all a very witchy day!

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Yolanda from England

Hello, I am hoping you may be able to help me because I think I may have been cursed.

When I moved into my current home, I knew it didn't feel exactly right but tried to ignore the feeling because I was desperate to move away from the last place I had been living. Things in my life had been going well, so I thought, until around 2002/3 when I seemed to suddenly lose all my friends, my health, and my job. I never knew why.

Suddenly, nobody wanted to know me anymore. I had strangers literally come up to me and stare at me blankly; they didn't say anything, just stared! Just before I lost my job, a friend had done it whilst sitting opposite me in the cafe. It was so obvious and weird that a woman I didn't really know who was seated with us told her to stop it. It was freaky.

Over these many years I have been struck by severe depression, horrible aches and pains, stomach problems, and looked ill in a way that one might think I was hooked on drugs even though I have never done drugs. I went from being a slim size UK 6 to 8, to a 14 to 16 in a very short period of time and have never been able to shift it, no matter how much exercise I have done. After working all my life and always being highly recommended by my employers, I was unable to find ANY type of work for two years. Even now, I am only managing to work part-time in a job that allows me no work life balance and isolates me from everyone. Nobody else wanted the unsociable hours and working conditions; that is the only reason I have it. It pays so little that it is very hard for me to survive. I have been trying to find other suitable work and outside interests/clubs/volunteering, but everything I seem to do gets trashed, undone or plain doesn't work out in some way, shape, or form. My family has also seemingly turned against me even though I have done them no harm.

Something I would like to mention is that years ago, I had a dream where a girl or young woman was laid on my bed in a white nightgown, and what looked like monks surrounded the bed in a circle. I could not see faces as their hoods were up and it was night, but I could see their outlines. I do not know what color the habits/robes were, although I could see they were not white. I did not feel afraid, but confused. The person on the bed I think may have been meant to be me, but it did not look like me.

Many strange things have happened in the house, but to be honest, things started to go bad before I moved there. I have truly been living in a state of resignation and stagnation now for years, unable to achieve anything. I no longer have motivation or belief in myself. Is there anything you might suggest I could do to help my situation, please? I really do not know where to turn. I used to be a fighting spirit, but now there's no fight left in me. Thank you.

-------------

Dear Yolanda,

I'm so sorry to hear of all the troubles you've experienced throughout your lifetime. If you truly feel you've been cursed, please read our recent response to Mercedes to remove the curse.


If you believe you have depression, please read our article on depression and when to seek professional help. 

Life is hard and people can suck, but don't give up on finding a way to get your fighting spirit back! Please send us an update a few weeks after performing the curse removal ritual.

Witch