Welcome to Ask-A-Witch, a place on the web where your spiritual and magickal questions will be answered by practicing Witches. This blog is dedicated to answering your spiritual and magickal questions… not giving psychic readings/answers. We hope you enjoy the information provided and wish you all a very witchy day!


Thursday, February 4, 2016

Sarah from Iowa

Hi, I've been dabbling with witchcraft for a little while now, and I've come to realize that I'm doing it as a means of comfort. There's a part of me that genuinely believes that the effects are all in my head, but the spells and the rituals are all so comforting to me. I think it's because I'm kind of superstitious, but in a really negative way. Like "if I don't spell everything right while I'm taking notes, someone is going to get hurt." Practicing witchcraft helps me take those weird superstitions and make them positive. Like "if I hold this stone while taking an exam, I'll get a good grade." It makes my superstitions a lot more healthy and positive, and I end up being a lot less paranoid. Anyway, my question is: is it okay for me to be practicing witchcraft if I don't wholeheartedly believe that magic is real? Would that be offensive to people that do believe?

-------------

Dear Sarah,

It sounds to me as if you do wholeheartedly believe that magick is real, because if you didn't, you wouldn't feel such a comfort and safety in it.

Witch